Full Length Plays
Three black women find themselves confined to a space; the kind that doesn't allow visitors. It isn't the first time but hopefully, it will be the last. Natasha wants to escape for good; Judi wants to sleep; and Sophia just doesn't want to end up left alone. Meanwhile, this trio of "sistas" will do what they can to survive their circumstances and each other.
- Rites and Reason Theatre PlayLab as “skIN Deep” (2009)
- Brown/Trinity Rep - Playwright's Lab (2013)
- Manhattan Rep Play Development Series (2015)
- POTPOURRI World Women Works (2016)
- Rising Circle Theatre Collective PlayRISE & INKtank Lab (2016)
BREAKING & ENTERING
Set in Atlanta, a city divided along race, class and ethnic lines, this coming-of-age story tracks Lola, a girl with a privileged and unique upbringing as she tries to find some sort of companionship in Damian, who isn’t quite her parents idea of the boy-next-door. They don't come from feuding households or warring gangs, but what begins as lighthearted quickly becomes life-threatening. Even the best of intentions to connect can lead to upending consequences in a world meant to divide. In this intersectional tragicomedy, we explore how love can be blind in a world where justice never is.
- Amios Theatre Company - First Draughts Reading Series (2016)
- The Lark - Roundtable Series (2016)
- National Black Theatre - Keep Soul Alive Series (2017)
- New Works Lab at Stratford - Semi-finalist
DELIVER: LETTERS TO THE MOTHERLAND FROM A FOREIGN BODY (in development)
This poetic homage to immigrants focuses on three characters who all find themselves feeling unsafe in the place they call home: A young black doctor practicing medicine in rural America; her patient, a pregnant woman with a dark past; and a mysterious foreign body who must journey to a new world.
- Amios Theatre Company - First Draughts Reading Series (2017)
- Fresh Ground Pepper - PlayGround PlayGroup (2017-2018)
OUR FATHER (in development)
Paul has spent a long time living in his father’s shadow but when he decides to write a biopic about the legendary “T.V. Dad” who raised him while raising America, his career finally starts to generate the kind of momentum he’s always wanted. All he and his team need to do is manage his drinking...and the press!
- The Fire This Time Festival - Writers' Group Presentation (2017)
- Liberation Theatre Company Writing Residency/Blackboard Reading Series (Upcoming March 2018)
- Space on Ryder Farm - Finalist
One Acts/Ten-minute Plays
A MATTER OF TASTE
a short satire about an interracial couple and the politics of preference (now published and available on Amazon)
- Brown/Trinity Rep - First Look Festival 2011
- Abstract Sentiment Theatre Collective Block & Talk Series 2014
- The Secret Theatre - LIC One Act Festival 2014
- Nomination: Best Play
- Win: Best Actress - Emma Thorne
- Manhattan Rep Fall One Act Festival 2014
TRANSFER: THE DUTCHMAN'S ROUNDTRIP
In this response piece to Amiri Baraka's "Dutchman," the black everyman is resurrected. On his trip downtown, Clayton will prove once and for all, at any cost, that the subway belongs to him.
- NY Madness - Put On Your Face Edition (Upcoming March 2017)
a ten-minute science-fiction play about the dangers of living in the past
- Production History/Honors
- Amios Theatre Company - SHOTZ to the Future 2014
- New York New Works Theatre Festival 2014 (Finalist)
a comedic one-woman show inspired by the bathroom stall writing at Brown University from the 90s to the 00s
- Production History
- Brown University - Solofest 2010
Other Awards & Honors
- National Black Theatre I AM SOUL Playwrights Residency Finalist
- Davis Wickham Prize for Excellence in Playwriting
- Seth Gaynes Memorial Award for Creative Writing
Liz loves writing for the stage and screen. Her diverse background includes sketch comedy, journalism and slam poetry as well. New projects are always in the works. Follow her on Medium to read her work or contact her directly for any inquiries.